Tuesday, December 18, 2007

411 on Social Networking

Should Virginia Beach Public Library use Social Networking sites to connect with teens?

As a Teen Group Leader in this system, I think it would be wonderful to use social networking sites to communicate with teens. I think that they are a tool that has much potential in the library department. Already, CL coordinators and teens communicate by email. It would be so nice and easy to also post a bulletin letting our teens know what is going on with meetings and such. I believe it would also be a great recruiting tool. If I am a "friend" of a teen council member and one of there other friends sees that, they could find out more about it and join.

I thinkt that we are sorely lacking as a library department by not using social networking with our teens.

No comments: